For about 3 years I had been happily using the repl.it classrooms. In this environment the pupil could
- see the assignment
- write and execute code
- interact with the console
and I could
- inspect his/her code
- execute it
- give comments
- see whether he had tried and/or submitted
- Also, depending on the language
- I could either set some of his/her submissions as finished
- or they simple passed all unit tests and were closed automatically.
However, repl.it had announced the clousure of its classrooms at the end of 2020, replacing it with Repl teams, which are an immature product much less reliable and comfortable compared to the previous classrooms, lacking some of its features
I am looking for any suggestions for an enviroment we could migrate to. I know big universities usually have their own closed systems. But, it there some service that is open to public, for a reasonable fee?