If one has to teach a 15-week course titled "Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning" to the postgraduate students of Electronic Engineering, what topics should one teach? Assume the students have not learned any dedicated course on AI or Machine Learning before.
Here's my proposal.
- A little bit of math to "refresh" the concepts needed in the next module.
- A little bit of statistics. This is my opinion can be used to analyze data sets from a statistical point of view, useful for some machine learning trained algorithms.
- The basics of one programming language you want to use across the course. Not knowing all the details I would say Python because there are a lot of libraries for ML available.
- Main neural networks and examples.
- Expert systems. Not very much hype about these currently, but in my opinion a good option.
- Machine learning algorithms and examples.