About a month ago (before they took off for their vacation) some of my technology club members asked me if I could conduct some workshops on cloud. Being a lifelong Microsoft man, and something of an Azure expert, I told them that I could conduct series of short workshops (2 to 5 hours) for them and their friends. Now, they are back from their semester break, and I have to begin in 2 weeks.
This will appeal to a number of students as the cloud works with dot net, droid, web and iOS. I am expecting a decent audience (the workshop are has a capacity of 8, and I think it will fill up). These are folks who have never seen any cloud dashboard, AWS or Google or Azure. Further, these are folks who are interested, but have probably never even built a simple app and connected to a database. We are looking at a blank slate folks. Curious but currently without knowledge. So, here is what I am planning.
- Overview about Cloud, specifically Azure
- Why Azure (or in general, why cloud service versus say a database server)
- Cloud Services (data services, web site services)
- Virtual Machines (and then reconfiguring them to Active Directory, ADFS and FTP)
- Using items from the marketplace to complete a project.
- Pricing considerations between cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google) and conventional solutions (like web hosting, blog hosting providers, VM providers, SQL db providers)
These are things I am planning. I believe many of you are not just educators but work in the industry (similar to what I do, train and work). So, let me know what else I can add/remove here. Also let me know if you have any thoughts about the topic itself. and, if Azure itself is not the right fit, perhaps something else.
If the topic itself is too broad, please leave a comment (before down voting if possible), and I will break up the question into many questions and link them up.